AGRICULTURAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST III
|Date Opened||1/11/2013 9:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/28/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,896.00 - $66,880.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Patricia Gavin|
Main Purpose of Job
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: A bachelor’s degree in the biological or chemical sciences from an accredited college or university including one course in general microbiology and one course in pathogenic, clinical or medical microbiology.
Experience: Two years of experience performing laboratory analysis work in a biological, chemical, food, commercial, animal health, medical or public health laboratory.
1. Experience performing veterinary analytical, diagnostic, and epidemiological laboratory testing work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Possession of a master’s degree in the chemical or biological sciences from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Possession of a doctorate in the chemical or biological sciences from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for some positions may be given a medical examination to rule out color blindness.
2. Employees must be willing to undergo and maintain rabies immunization.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to Md. Dept. of Agriculture, Human Resources Office, Room 304, Annapolis, MD 21401. The paper application must be received by 4:30 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information to 410-841-5846, or hand-deliver or mail to MD Dept. of Agriculture, Human Resources Office, Room 304, 50 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401.