|Department||Maryland Insurance Administration|
|Date Opened||11/1/2012 4:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/16/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,594.00 - $61,427.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tracey Dailey|
The Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA) is an independent State agency with approximately 300 employees. The MIA regulates Maryland’s insurance industry and protects Maryland consumers. There are approximately 1,600 insurance companies and more than 135,000 insurance producers (agents and brokers) that conduct business in the State of Maryland and that impact Maryland citizens who purchase insurance products. Through the diligence of a highly professional staff, the MIA works to facilitate a strong insurance marketplace where consumers are well informed and treated fairly.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for a position with the MIA, you must upload a single document that contains a cover letter stating your interest with your salary history and salary requirements, and a current professional resume. Refer to the "Further Instructions" section at the end of this page.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Payroll Associate is a member of the agency’s Administrative Unit and supervises all phases of the clerical-accounting payroll and time keeping activities for the agency. This position also assists with specific human resources responsibilities to include carrying out the provisions of the State of Maryland’s leave bank policies.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION: College coursework in accounting, mathematics or training in bookkeeping is preferred but not required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three (3) years of recent work experience with the State of Maryland’s Payroll System.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of State and federal tax withholding rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of State of Maryland payroll policy and procedures.
- Ability to apply State of Maryland pay guidelines to complex pay calculations with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, for example payroll rules and regulations, final payment calculations.
- Experience with MD-Time and coordinating workflow between internal departments and Central Payroll.
- Experience working in a professional environment and the ability to deal effectively with employees and supervisory personnel.
- Proficiency in Excel or similar spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and prepare reports.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to those currently employed by the State of Maryland.
For immediate consideration, you MUST upload a single document at the "Resume" tab that contains:
1) a cover letter stating your interest;
2) salary history;
3) specific salary requirements; and
4) a current professional resume.
Incomplete submission will not receive consideration.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.