DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL EDUCATION
REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR MEDICAL
|Date Opened||9/10/2012 8:40:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/1/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,563.00 - $74,725.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Stephanie Dunphy|
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to assess, plan, develop and implement hospital-wide training in the areas of in-service, orientation and continuing education for nursing, other clinical staff and support staff in order to ensure continuing competences as Western Maryland Hospital Center pursues its mission of excellence in health care services. This position also ensures educational activities are in congruence with WMHC mission, vision, goals, values, resources and priorities.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience as a registered nurse to include one year in a supervisory, administrative or teaching capacity and two years in the option for which application is made.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required general experience.
2. A Master’s degree in Nursing or a health related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years of the required general experience.
Qualified candidates must have two year of experience in Clinical Education. Degree or certification in education is preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached. 2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year; Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period. For Recorded Job Information Call: 410-767-6018.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Fax number - 410-333-5689