CORR OFFICER I
Correctional Officer I
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||1/10/2014 1:10:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,258 - $54,186/year plus benefits|
|HR Analyst||Sharon Grant|
LOCATION OF POSITION
These positions are located throughout the State of Maryland.
Main Purpose of Job
Correctional Officer I is the entry level of work involving the custody, security and supervision of adult inmates in a correctional facility.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Note: The above educational requirement is set by the Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to operate busses for the transportation of inmates. Employees assigned such duties will be required to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver's License with passenger and air brakes endorsements valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must meet the selection standards required and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission for a correctional officer during their probationary period, (Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209). Selection standards for correctional officer training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification will be required to bear firearms, and to demonstrate practical knowledge and proficiency in the safe use and care of firearms on a periodic basis.
3. Employees are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, must provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal.
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications, successfully complete the test and hiring process will be placed on the employment eligible list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified. The list will be used by the DPSCS to select employees for at least two years.
Please apply online for this recruitment.
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|