Chief of Market Analysis
|Date Opened||11/14/2012 8:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/14/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,950.00 - $85,017.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tracey Dailey|
The Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA) is an independent State agency that regulates Maryland’s insurance industry and protects Maryland consumers. There are approximately 1,600 insurance companies and more than 135,000 insurance producers (agents and brokers) that conduct business in the State of Maryland and that impact Maryland citizens who purchase insurance products. Through the diligence of a highly professional staff, the MIA works to facilitate a strong insurance marketplace where consumers are well informed and treated fairly.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for a position with the MIA, you must upload a single document that contains a cover letter stating your interest with your salary history and salary requirements, and a current professional resume. Refer to the "Further Instructions" section at the end of this page.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college/university in business administration, accounting, finance, or public administration.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years experience in insurance regulation and/or compliance, insurance data analysis, health care data analysis, actuarial analysis or related field and at least 2 years experience as a supervisor or manager.
Note: A minimum of ten (10) years experience in insurance regulation and/or compliance, insurance data analysis, health care data analysis, actuarial analysis or related field and at least 2 years experience as a supervisor or manager may be substituted for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced degree or professional designation(s) in business, insurance, actuarial studies, mathematics, accounting, or health care administration.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively both independently and cooperatively.
- Knowledge of statistical and quantitative analysis procedures and techniques.
- Experience with processing, analyzing or auditing large-scale electronic data files.
Incomplete submission will not receive consideration.
Click on the link below to apply:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|