DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
|Date Opened||7/19/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/6/2013 3:29:00 PM|
|Salary||$109,300 - $163,950 annually|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Planning and Information Technology, this position is responsible for directing all technology and telecommunication activities for the Aviation Authority.
Responsibilities include establishing departmental goals and procedures, directing the development and maintenance of the Authority’s website - TampaAirport.com, monitoring individual and operational performance, developing long range plans and strategy, directing the preparation of departmental personnel, operating, equipment and capital budgets, overseeing all technology capital projects, overseeing the acquisition, development, implementation, operation and maintenance of all information technology and telecommunication systems including computer hardware, software and networks. The Director of IT interacts with Authority staff, technology vendors, tenants, and participates in industry and trade organizations. This position assists the Vice President, Business Planning and Information Technology with special projects.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Takes an active role in leading, promoting and managing the IT department, providing direction, guidance and development to the Authority’s Network Engineering and Software Development groups; Develops and implements a technology plan which will move Tampa International Airport towards the leading edge of airport technology.
- Identifies evolving and emerging technologies that offer the potential for the continuous improvement of business operations and services provided by the Aviation Authority; Ensures that the Authority’s technology strategy is aligned with the direction of mainstream, proven technology solutions.
- Directs the planning, budgeting, coordination and construction of all Information Technology projects; Oversees the technology component of all non-information technology department managed projects.
- Directs the planning, coordination, development, implementation, training and maintenance of all Authority developed software - including the development and maintenance of the TampaAirport.com website, the information kiosks, and the Authority’s intranet.
- Oversees the planning, acquisition, coordination, implementation, end-user training and maintenance of all financial and non-financial software used by the Authority to include the Oracle system.
- Oversees the maintenance of the Propworks property management system and all Authority databases.
- Directs the operation and maintenance of all Authority networks and IT infrastructure throughout the airport; Oversees the development of equipment budgets and procurement specifications; Plans for the configuration, installation and maintenance of all computers, servers, printers, telecommunications equipment, network switches, routers, hubs and other ancillary equipment; Oversees the operation of the IT Help Desk and the provision of end-user hardware support.
- Directs the development, implementation and management of network, desktop and software security policies and procedures; Oversees the development and on-going testing of the Authority’s IT disaster recovery plan and intrusion detection program.
- Directs the provisioning of information technology services provided by the Aviation Authority to airport tenants; Manages and grows the Authority’s Shared Tenant Services program, providing telephony services to the Authority’s tenants; Maintains a high level of customer service characteristic of services provided by the Authority to its tenants.
- Oversees the administration of the Authority’s cellular telephone equipment and service agreements.
- Performs other duties and assignments as may be required.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
A Bachelor’s degree with a major in Business Administration or Information Technology; and
Eight years of extensive Information Technology experience to include at least five years managing a technology department within a mid-to-large size government (public)organization or private business; and
Must have experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning system.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
SPECIAL NOTE: All selected applicants for employment at Hillsborough County Aviation Authority must successfully pass a fingerprint FBI criminal history check in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 107.209.