Performs duties monitoring parks grounds and performing grounds keeping, custodial and semi-skilled trades duties, and collecting park entry and other related fees.
Completion of the tenth grade.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below; and
Possession of a First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification with Practical Application; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of applicable park regulations, ordinances, nature and recreational programs.
- Working knowledge of safety, first aid and CPR methods and techniques
- Some knowledge of one or more building trades.
- Skill in the use of custodial, grounds keeping and building trades equipment and tools.
- Skill in the application of first aid and CPR.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to read and understand job related material.
- Ability to lift weights up to sixty (60) pounds.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Monitors park grounds and facilities to ensure compliance with ordinances, regulations and safety requirements; opens and closes gates, controls traffic, takes reservations, collects fees, prepares and makes bank deposits.
- Provides information and guidance to visitors concerning park services, fauna and flora; provides instructions on nature programs and other activities such as canoeing, fishing, camping, arts and crafts, feeds animals and cleans cages.
- Provides first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to patrons during emergencies.
- Helps maintain and repair park structures including picnic shelters, tables, boardwalks, docks, gates, fences, restrooms and other facilities by performing semiskilled carpentry, plumbing, painting, masonry, electrical and other building maintenance work.
- Maintains park grounds by planting sod, mowing and edging lawns, planting, trimming and watering trees and plants, spraying pesticides and fertilizers, clearing trails and performs other gardening and grounds keeping tasks.
- Cleans and resupplies restrooms, picnic shelters and other facilities; collects and empties trash and removes debris.
- Maintains records and prepares reports on attendance, incidents of vandalism, accidents and emergencies.
- Collects park entry and other related fees.
- Performs other related duties as required.